The past year:
This past year I have been posting (almost) every Monday at noon. Making and scheduling a new post has taught me a few things. Below are just a few.
1. Don’t request to review every book you think looks good. You might just be approved and be required to read seven books in a few short weeks all during a heavy class schedule. Going forward there may be book reviews but I will plan it better both topic and schedule wise.
2. Posting on a blog works but what works better is the social media and email updates. It is hard to bring traffic to stand alone website. So, if you want to know when a new blog is posted follow the Facebook page and sign up for the Email Subscription list. These are the only guaranteed way to read every post.
3. I don’t have to post every week. There are times when I have posted just to hit the deadline and going forward I will only post to further the goals of this site. Which is why the Facebook page and Email list are so important going forward.
The Next Year
Some of the goals for this site are ambitious and take time to plan out, but there are some highlights that will affect those who want to participate in the community.
1. This year we will be reading through the Bible together. More about this will be posted next Monday, but the reading plan does start before that. If you want to join the plan now you can do so through this link to the bible app. January Reading Plan.
2. We will have some challenges throughout this year. Each challenge will be a spiritual practice that is designed to grow not just our knowledge of God but our connection with God. The first one will start at the end of February!
3. To keep the site funded we currently sell candles, soaps, beard oils, and bath fizzies. The hope is to expand the product line and to set up a designated online store for these products. Being a part of this group means you might have ideas for products and we would love to hear those ideas. You can email ideas here!
4. The plan is to continue creating story guides. These take time to research and create. We want to keep them free and easy to use as well as create full guides that can be bought as physical copies. This takes time to get approved and published but the goal is to have at least one full physical guide available by the end of the year.
As we enter the new year I pray that our goals both individually and as a community seek to grow closer with God and with others.
HAPPY NEW YEAR